- Vinny Magalhaes Athlete Page
- Home: Brazil
- Age: 34
- Height: 6'3"
- Off-season weight: 235 lbs
- Fight Weight: 205 lbs
- Why do you train/fight? I've always enjoyed the physical and mental challenges that martial arts brings me. I've been doing this since I was 13 years old, and I wouldn't change anything about the choices I've made that led me to become a professional athlete.
- What workout gets you fired up? I love Muay Thai pad work. In live sparring and grappling I get to do anything I want. I don't get really excited about lifting weights, but when it comes to pad work, I get pushed physically and mentally, and depending on how my coach is feeling those days, I get nearly killed in each of those sessions. Haha!
- Favorite ProSupps® products? HydroBCAA® +EAA, PS Casein, & ISO-P3®
- What's your next big goal? Win PFL MMA Season 2018 and get that $1 million dollar check that's up for grabs.
- Weirdest thing on your workout playlist? Russian rap. (I don't understand what they're saying, but I enjoy the beats lol)
- What's the best advice you ever got? Time off doesn't exist, stay consistent so you don't have to waste time to get yourself in shape again. Whenever there's a competition coming up, if you're always in shape, you can use that time to work on improving your skills or developing new ones.
- What does it mean to be an Alpha? Every athlete has to have that alpha mentality; that's what competition is about. If you don't believe you're the best, or at least believe that you can be the best, there's no point of being a competitor. That should be the mentality of any competitor no matter which sport they practice. In fact, I believe that's the mentality to have not just as an athlete but as a human being. Anything you choose to do in life, you have to believe that you are the one who has things under control and that you can achieve your goals.
- 5+ magazine articles
- 3x Jiu-Jitsu World Champion
- Nogi Jiu-Jitsu World Champion
- ADCC World Champion
- 6x consecutive Rio de Janeiro State Champion
- Brazilian National Champion
- 2x US National Champion
- Pan American Champion
- MMA Former Titan FC Light Heavyweight Champion
- MMA Former M-1 Global Light Heavyweight Champion
- The Ultimate Fighter Season 8 Runner-Up
- 5x UFC Veteran
Follow Me On