Here is a high fiber, high protein, yummy recipe with a lemon twist. These are sweet enough to eat without maple syrup and fluffy enough to melt in your mouth, these blueberry pancakes are a real treat.
- 4 Tbsp organic coconut flour
- 28 g oat fiber
- 1 scoop
- 2 Tbsp Truvia sweetener
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup Fat Free Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 cup Fat free milk
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 package (6 ounces) of Blueberries
- 2 large eggs, separated
- Preheat large griddle or skillet over medium heat.
- Whisk cottage cheese, egg yolks, milk, lemon zest, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Whisk coconut flour, protein, oat fiber, truvia, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Stir flour mixture into cottage cheese mixture just until combined. (You may need to add a little more milk of batter seems too dry.)
- Beat egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into pancake mixture just until blended. Do not over mix.
- Grease griddle or skillet lightly with oil.
- Pour heaping 1/4 cup batter onto griddle and spread to make about 4-inch pancake.
- Drop 5-10 blueberries onto pancake.
- Cook 3 minutes, or until edges are dry and bubbles remain without disappearing.
- Flip pancake and cook 1 to 3 minutes longer or until lightly golden on both sides.
- Repeat with remaining batter and blueberries.
*Recipe makes 8 pancakes
Nutrition Facts per Serving:
- Calories: 81
- Carbs: 2.1g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 4.75g
- Fats: 9g