Traditional Carrot Cake recipe with a protein twist! Swap out the good ol' flour for our PS Isolate to make yourself a protein-packed dessert perfect for your after dinner cravings!
CARROT CAKE MUG CAKE -WITH PS ISOLATE
- 1/4 Scoop Vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp butter (melted)
- 2 tbsp carrots (shredded)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup fat free milk
Topping Ingredients (optional):
- 1 tbsp fat free cream cheese
- 1 packet of Truvia or sugar substitute of choice
- 1 tbsp chopped pecans
- shredded carrots (sprinkle for decoration)
- In a small bowl (or straight inside the mug), combine all ingredients and stir until there are no lumps.
- Microwave for 1-1.5 minutes or until baked through.
*Note: to make a perfect moist MugCake, take out of microwave when it still has a "wet" look. Not runny just a tad wet. It will continue to cook after you remove from the microwave. This will prevent over cooking.
- In a separate bowl mix cream cheese and sugar substitute until smooth. (You may need to add a few drops of milk)
- Top cake with cream cheese frosting, chopped pecans, and shredded carrots.
Nutrition Facts (without topping):
Per serving: Calories: 319, Carbs: 19.6 g, Protein: 16.9 g, Fat:19 g, Fiber:6 g
Nutrition Facts (with topping):
Per serving: Calories: 434, Carbs: 22.6 g, Protein: 20.41 g, Fat:29 g, Fiber:7.5 g