Baby, it's cold outside! Warm up with this cook-ahead crockpot meal packed with fiber and protein.
- 1 pound 93/7 ground turkey
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 (10-ounce) cans red enchilada sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes in their juices
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Heat large skillet on medium high.
- Spray with cooking spray and add the turkey and onion.
- Cook and stir, breaking up the turkey as you go, until the turkey is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to the bottom of a large slow cooker.
- To the slow cooker, add the quinoa, enchilada sauce, black beans, tomatoes, corn, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, garlic powder, and 1/2 cup water.
- Stir to combine, then cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or low for 5 to 6 hours, until the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa is tender.
- Remove the lid and stir.
- Taste and adjust any seasonings as desired.
- Serve hot with any desired toppings.
*Recipe makes 8 servings
For serving: sprinkle with Mexican blend cheese, chopped fresh cilantro, diced avocado, chopped green onion, corn chips, sour cream or plain Greek yogurt (not included in nutritional information.)
Nutrition Facts per Serving:
- Calories: 247
- Carbs: 31g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 16.5g
- Fats: 6g