Company's Coming...Are You Ready?
Doesn’t it feel like we just recovered from having a house full of family and friends over for Thanksgiving? And now Christmas is already here! We know that having your place as the designated gathering area can be fun...but also extremely stressful. So, here are some helpful tips on how to hopefully make the process of getting your house “guest-ready” a little more fun and less stressful.
- This would be a great time to de-clutter your home. Do a little winter cleaning and you’ll start to feel a lot better about having a ton of people over your place. Also, this gives you the perfect opportunity to donate some of your gently worn clothes, shoes, appliances, etc. to a shelter or a place like Goodwill.
- Stock up on paper towels, trash bags, and cleaning supplies. The last thing you want to be short on are supplies to help with the post Christmas cleanup.
- Make sure to purchase paper plates, foil, and/or cheap Tupperware so that you can send your guests home with some leftovers. This way, you won't be stuck with a ton of leftovers that might go to waste and you won't have your guests leaving with your actual plates or good Tupperware.
- Coasters! We repeat, COASTERS! There is always that family member or friend that seems to have been raised with a wild pack of wolves; they just don't seem to understand the concept of using a coaster. This can end up doing some serious damage to your furniture, so strategically place coasters everywhere!
- Get a little festive! You were the one that agreed (or maybe not) to have these people over to your home. So, make them feel the holiday spirit when they walk through your doors. It doesn’t have to be anything big, just little accents throughout your home to let them know that you are not the Grinch.