With the current keto craze we couldn't resist the opportunity to recreate our favorite food… the taco! That's right keto tacos! These are extremely easy to make and for those following keto macros they fit perfectly.
- 2 cups of cheese (I use Colby Jack)
- 12 ounces of shredded chicken
- taco seasoning
Optional Ingredients for Topping (not included in nutritional info):
- sour cream
- You'll want to precook your chicken. we placed ours in a crock pot all morning till it fell apart. You can even grill it.
- Once your chicken is cooked add taco seasoning and set aside.
- Heat griddle or large pan to medium.
- Get about 1/2 cup of the cheese and place on griddle, form the shape of a taco shell. About 4-5" in diameter.
- Cook cheese until it starts to crisp and brown.
- Soak up any extra grease with napkin.
- While it is hot move cheese shell to plate and add chicken and hold to form a taco.
- Add any additional ingredients for filling.
*Makes Four Tacos
Nutrition facts (per taco):
- Calories: 312
- Fats: 17g
- Carbs: 2g
- NET Carbs: 2g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 31.5g