This Overnight Baked French Toast takes less than 10 minutes to prepare! Put it in your fridge overnight and then the next morning you simply remove it from the fridge and put it in the oven….that’s it! The bread soaks up the eggs and milk overnight to create a thick and fluffy texture that is swirled with the perfect blend of sweet and spice to create a dish that is simply delightful…and healthy!
OVERNIGHT BAKED FRENCH TOAST
- 12 pieces light bread (45 calories per slice)
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 large eggs
- 1 TB vanilla extract
- 2 TB coconut oil, melted
- 2 TB cinnamon
- 2 scoops Glazed Doughnut
- 2 tsp. salt
How to Prepare:
- Cut up bread into 1-inch pieces and arrange in a 9x13 baking dish, coated with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Remove eggs from fridge and let sit until close to room temperature (this is so the coconut oil doesn’t harden when you mix it together).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine almond milk, egg whites, whole eggs, vanilla, and coconut oil. Blend well with hand mixer (or you can use a whisk) until light and fluffy.
- Add in cinnamon, protein powder, and salt and continue to mix until ingredients are well blended.
- Pour over the top of the bread pieces in the baking pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator overnight, or for at least 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the plastic wrap from the baking pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until puffy and golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven and cut into 6 even pieces. Drizzle with sugar free syrup if you desire extra sweetness! That’s it! Enjoy!!
Per serving (recipe serves 6): 250 calories, 24.5 grams protein, 15.5 grams carbohydrates, 10 grams fat