It’s that time of year again… Pumpkin spice is in the air, in your Starbucks cups and now in your PS Whey pumpkin cheesecake bar. This recipe is the perfect addition to your fall meals or as a desert.
1 1/2 cups low fat graham crackers crumbs (16 sheets)
1/4 cup melted butter (Blue Bonnet Light)
1/2 Scoop PS Whey
4 packages (8 oz each) fat free cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 TBS stevia (or 1 1/2 cups sugar)
4 large eggs
1 cup (8 oz) Libby’s canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
Garnish (not added in macros)
Caramel or chocolate syrup
• Heat oven to 300°F.
• Line a 13X9″ baking pan with parchment paper leaving about 1 inch of paper hanging on the sides.
• In a medium size bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter.
• With your fingers press the crust on the bottom of the prepared pan.
• Set aside while making the filling.
• In a large mixing bowl add the cream cheese, pumpkin, PS Whey protein powder and stevia.
• Beat on low speed until light and fluffy.
• Add eggs one at a time, just until blended.
• Spoon the mixture over the crust and spread evenly.
• Bake the cheesecake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes or until just set.
• Remove and let cheesecake cool for about an hour.
• Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before cutting into bars.
• Enjoy plain or with topping of your choice.
Makes 24 bars
Nutrition PER bar: