- Birth Place: Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
- Nationality: Brazilian
- Birthday: July 2nd
- Zodiac: Cancer
- Height: 6'3"
- Contest Weight: 205lbs
- Off Season Weight: 235lbs
- Occupation: Mixed Martial Arts Instructor/Professional Fighter
- Hobbies/Interest: Video Games, Beach, Stay home and spend time with my family.
- Body Part: as far as looks go, I’m not too self centered, so I’ll be bit sarcastic with my response and say that my favorite body part is my whatever I can use to hit someone in a fight. Hands, feet, knees… ;)
- Prep Meal: Asparagus, Green beans, Sweet Potato, and Lamb… I can repeat that every day and never get tired of it!
- Cheat Meal: Baconator!
- Exercise: hitting Thai pads count as an exercise? If so, that’s my favorite exercise. Besides that, I’d say running.
- Movie: I Origins ( if you haven’t watched it yet, you should!)
- Music Genre: Hip Hop
- Sport: MMA/Soccer
- Quote: Whenever you think you can or think you can’t, either way you are right. (Henry Ford)
How did you get into the sport?
I’ve always played soccer, basketball, and other sports as a kid, but It was when I turned 13 that I really committed myself to train BJJ and turn that into a profession, and I haven’t stopped training since.
How do you balance your social life with your professional life?
It’s really difficult, specially because it’s not like I have a regular job where I work from 9-5 and then the rest of the time I can just do whatever I want. Living as an athlete takes away a little bit of your social life, at least for me, because if I’m not training, I’m resting which is just as important as training.
Who do you look up to as a motivation in the sport?
It depends in what sport. I can find some inspirational stuff from a few different guys from different sports, in Boxing I’m a huge fan of Muhammad Ali, in Body Building, Arnold Schwarzenegger is the man!
Surprisingly enough, there’s no one in my sport that I really look up to. There are a few guys that I’m a fan of, but I’m always trying to be better today than I was yesterday, so I guess I just try to be my own inspiration.
- 3x BJJ World Champion
- Pan American Champion (BJJ)
- Brazilian National Champion (BJJ)
- 2x American National Champion
- 6x Rio de Janeiro State Champion (BJJ)
- ADCC Submission Grappling World Champion
- Former M-1 Global Light Heavyweight Champion (MMA)
- Titan FC Light Heavyweight Champion (MMA)
- The Ultimate Fighter Season 8 Runner Up
- 5x UFC Veteran
- WSOF Light Heavyweight Contender